- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Support Us
- Contact Us
6th Annual Marian House Race to Embrace Independence 5K Run and Walk
Saturday, September 27, 2014 Lake Montebello, Baltimore
Join us for a fun, healthy, family-friendly and festive neighborhood celebration to support and highlight the successes of Marian House women moving from dependence to independence. Your participation helps raise vital funds for housing, food, clothing, education, life skills, employability training, counseling service and other necessary support services for homeless women and children.
SUPPORT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF MARIAN HOUSE BY:
- Running or Walking the 5K – REGISTER online NOW! Or download our PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORM.
- Bringing the Family - Participate in the 1 Mile Family Fun Run!
- Fundraising – By setting a personal 5K fundraising goal and encouraging your friends and family to support your efforts, you can assist us in reaching our 2014 5K Goal of $110,000 needed in order to provide services to our women and their children – Visit everydayhero to start fundraising for Marian House today and receive the 2014 Top Fundraiser Award!
- Donating - Making a donation to support the Race to Embrace Independence
- Establish a Team – Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating a team and Race to Embrace Independence together!
- Become a Race Sponsor -Find out more by calling 410-467-4250 or emailing email@example.com.
Details of Race
Managed by Charm City Run, this year's event will again be held at scenic Lake Montebello in Baltimore City and will take participants through the Greater Waverly neighborhood and past Marian House (3.1 miles)!
The Family Fun Run (1 mile) is open to families with children or participants who prefer a shorter route. This is a non-competitive and untimed event. Strollers are permitted in this event.
Packet Pick-up Details
Thursday, September 25, noon-7pm
Charm City Run, McHenry Row, Baltimore
Friday, September 26, noon-7pm
Charm City Run, Timonium
Directions and Parking
On street parking is available surrounding Lake Montebello. Parking along Perring Parkway is permitted on Saturday mornings; however, we encourage you to pay attention to all parking signage along the parkway.
7:30 a.m. Day-of-Event Registration Begins
8:45 a.m. Warm-Up
9:00 a.m. 5K Run 5K Walk 1 Mile Family Fun Run
10:00 a.m. Awards Ceremony
Rain or Shine
The event will occur rain or shine. In the instance that there are extreme weather conditions, Marian House reserves the right to cancel the event. Any questions, please call 410-467-4246. If cancelled, all monies will be considered donations to support the Marian House programs.
$35 per 5K Runner / 5K Walker / Family Fun Run (Adult)
$20 per Family Fun Run (Child - under 11)
Children 2 years of age and under can participate for FREE.
Stay and enjoy The Family Race Village!
- Music by Detour Dave Sandler
- Pre-Race Warm-Up
- Water Stations on Course / Free Parking / Food and Beverages / Prizes / Awards / Massages / Activities for Kids / Onsite Medical Aid / Toilets
Tech Performance T-shirts! Children-sized cotton T-shirts are available for younger participants. Shirts are only guaranteed to the first 500 registrants. Marian House cannot guarantee the size you select.
Race Results & Awards
Be sure to stay for our post-race Awards Ceremony. We will recognize and present awards to the 5K Run/Walk top male and female finishers by age category: 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. There are special prize packets for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female 5K finishers. After the race, log on to www.charmcityrun.com for the posted results. The 1 Mile Family Fun Run is a non-competitive event and all kids under 11 years of age receive a participation prize while supplies last.
Print out Donation Form
You can help us reach our goal of $100,000! Please collect donations to support the essential programs for woman and children at Marian House. If we have 700 participants at our event and each participant asks 14 people they know for $10 donations we can achieve our goal! It is doable! Win the Top Fundraiser Award!
Ask your family, friends and co-workers to run or walk with you as part of the Marian House Team Challenge. We have a special award for the team with the largest amount of donations collected and one for the team with the most number of registered participants.
REGISTER ONLINE to create or join a team! If you are registering offline please indicate the team you are creating or joining.
To Be a Volunteer
Call Meg Montone at 410-467-4250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Be a Corporate Sponsor
Visit our Corporate Sponsors page.
Call 410-467-4250 or email email@example.com.