We strongly encourage monetary donations that provide us the flexibility to address our needs as they arise but are grateful for your continued support of our in-kind needs. Your donation of gifts & supplies help support the daily activities of our programs and create special moments for the women as they move through their journey here at Marian House.
To arrange a drop off or to coordinate a gift drive, please call Dejah Hayes at (410)467-4121 ext. 308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our wishes can be found through our Amazon wish list. If you'd like to ship an in-kind donation please send it to the attention of Dejah Hayes at 949 Gorsuch Ave. Baltimore, MD 21218. We encourage you to put a note with your package including your name and contact information so we can adequately acknowledge your gift.
Please note: We do not generally accept furniture or used clothing donations. Please consult the list below for any current exceptions based on urgent needs. When supporting our food pantry, bulk items are always best to accommodate our limited storage space.
Other items we cannot accept: used toiletries, any razors, burnable candles & stuffed animals
Current In-kind Goods
(bolded items are the most urgent needs)
- Back to School - reusable water bottles (ages 3-18 appropriate); spiral notebooks & composition books; backpacks (our biggest needs are for age 3-6 (smaller), 14-18 (larger)); reusable lunch boxes & bags (ages 3-18)
- Tech - USB drives w/ lanyard
- New clothing needs - adult robes (S-5XL; mostly women's)
- Furniture - patio table, chairs or set (used is okay)
- Toiletries (full size only please) - lotion; bar soap
- Laundry supplies - detergent pods (pods only please); dryer sheets
- Cleaning supplies - Clorox Cleanup Spray; Fabuloso; oven cleaner
- Misc. supplies - medium plastic containers or bins w/ tops
- Non-perishable Foods (bulk) - green beans; corn; baked beans; black beans
- Small gifts - small jewelry boxes, stands or holders; key chains & lanyards; puzzle books (Sudoku, crosswords, word search, etc.); sugar scrub for lips; roll on essential oils or balms; room diffusers; flameless candles (regular candles are not permitted); shower melts; sun catchers for windows; small wallets; adult coloring books
- Twin size bed in a bags or sheets, pillow cases & comforters - adult women & youth boy & girl
- Twin size zippable bed bug mattress protectors
- Bed pillows
- Bath towels, hand towels & wash cloths
- Gift cards - Uber/Lyft, Giant, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Visa ($10 or $25 increments)
Others Way to Lend Support
- Sponsor a Party, Event or Field Trip - Help us with supplies or funds for a holiday like Labor Day! We are also looking for a sponsor for a roller skating fieldtrip.
- Join the planning committee for our 15th Annual Race to Embrace Independence 5K or sign up to help day of
- Help us with some deep cleaning around our buildings.
- Weekend Meal Sharing - Support a local business & delivery person or get creative in your own kitchen to help support us with a snack or meal for a Saturday or Sunday. Holiday meal support is also encouraged!
- Enrichment Activities - Do you have an idea for leading or sharing an activity? We'd love to hear your ideas and have your support to provide positive engagement for Marian House women.
- Be a Virtual Marian House Ambassador - Help us spread the word to your friends, family, colleagues and more about current initiatives, promoting upcoming fundraisers like our 5K or participating in our monthly virtual tours.
- Help us get organized in our donation closet!
- Help us pull weeds, pick up trash & water our green spaces!
- Hold a 3rd party fundraiser to engage your network