Weekend/Overnight House Manager
Marian House is currently hiring for a part time Weekend House Manager to manage the Marian House I transitional facility two or more weekend shifts per month, to include a Sunday daytime shift, with the possibility of more shifts on the weekend or during the week. The Weekend House Manager may work from 5 pm to 9 am overnight on a Friday or Saturday, or during the day on a Saturday or Sunday. The Weekend House Manager is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the house, making regular rounds, and being available to the residents in a supportive role. Residents are formerly homeless women, most of whom have histories of chronic substance abuse, chronic mental illness, trauma, and/or long term incarceration. Marian House utilizes a team approach with the overall goal of helping residents achieve the maximum possible personal stability through mental health and recovery services.
- Experience working with clients who have disease of addiction
- Sensitivity to and awareness of issues related to addiction, mental illness, and trauma
- Ability to manage crises and be firm with rules, while still treating residents with respect and dignity
- High school diploma preferred
This position pays a flat rate for the full overnight shift and is a non-benefits position. Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls/faxes please.
The Advancement Associate provides administrative support to the Advancement Office and participates in all fundraising, marketing and public relations activities including, but not limited to; donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events. This position will also help the organization with the running of the daily administrative operations of the company. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
The Advancement Associate is assigned duties, by the Chief Advancement Officer and Chief Executive Officer, to provide a variety of support services with high attention to detail and timeliness.
- Processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters
- Cooperating in the agency’s team approach to service provision by participating in program activities as appropriate and requested. This will occasionally require presence outside regular business days and office hours.
- Developing online, integrated, and interactive fundraising campaign forms
- Conducting preliminary research on prospective donors
- Handling all administrative details associated with the Advancement office – supply and equipment management, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, etc.
- Acting as the front-line for incoming department communications, fielding calls and emails to refer to the appropriate personnel
- Providing event support through assistance with communications, logistics and paperwork
- Producing donation and campaign-related reports for the Finance Department, Board, Advancement Committee, etc.
- Coordinating mailing list for appeal letters, newsletters and other correspondence
- Managing donor database including updating donor records, data cleanup, etc.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Respond to resident needs when appropriate
- Attend meetings and take minutes
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Greet guests and engage with expected and unexpected visitors, and escort as needed to the appropriate place/person
- Aid in setting up meeting rooms for zoom or other telehealth platform
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement, Advancement Committee Chair, Executive Director
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in administrative support in a non-profit advancement (fundraising) office preferred
- Event planning experience preferrable
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant, or in another relevant administrative role
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Background and ability to understand, appreciate, and carry out the Marian House mission; interpersonal skills to engage staff and volunteers in doing same
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $38,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Administrative Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- writing meeting minutes and agendas: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location